Image Map

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Pray With Us?

The house is totally livable. Martha might faint clean away if she were to walk in, never mind if she found out I have hosted several times, but it's cozy in it's little mismatched way.

I have spent much time painting walls and frames and furniture and perusing magazines and websites looking for ideas to spark my own sense of comfort. I have scoured yard sales and cr@igslist looking for pieces that call out to me. I've been all over north and central Alabama picking up items that were deemed needed.

In and amongst all the busy-ness of making a house a home, I have been preparing for a new kind of adventure in my life. One that requires a passport, a back pack, and a plane ticket. One that I am certainly excited and apprehensive about.

In less than two weeks, I will board a plane with ten other members of my church and head to Haiti for a week. My luggage pretty much all has to fit into a back pack that I will be expected to keep up with at all times, and I have only vague ideas of what will be filing my time once we set foot on solid ground.

I am not a traveling kind of person and I have never been drawn to step into the mission field before. I am leaving my family behind and I can't say how much time I spend wondering if this is really the right decision. But then I think of how heavily God has weighed this particular need on my heart, and I know I go with His blessing.

I am asking for your prayers now, friends. Your prayers for my family and your prayers for my team. My imagination is so limited right now that I very literally cannot see beyond what tomorrow might bring, never mind what this experience will be like for me, for my children, or for my husband.

Will you join my prayer support team? I can't even tell you how much it would mean to me!

7 comments:

The Taylors said...

Praying for you while rejoicing in your obedience to go. Love you friend and am SOOOOOOOO excited for you. =o)

Missi said...

I will pray with you, friend! And your kids are gunna be juuuuuust fine. =)

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

My heart goes thud-thud at the thought of you and a backpack in a foreign country. Am so excited for you. And of course I'll be praying. Every morning at 9;30 when my phone DOESN'T ring. Sigh.

Laura Forman said...

I am so excited for you!!! I can not wait to hear about all of your adventures!! And just remember, pack as light as you can...if you have an inkling of a doubt if you need something, you probably don't! I am saying this from experience of traveling around India for a month with just a backpack! Anyway, all of that to say, I am super excited and you must remember every detail and blog about it all! :) Praying for you friend!!

The Bouldins said...

Definitely.

And since I'm reading "A Praying Life" right now, I'm better at it than I was before :)

What an amazing adventure! I can't wait to read about it.

Unknown said...

You truly are an inspiration for us all! Likely will miss you this trip to Alabama but will be looking forward to catching up with you next time -

Love,

Aunt Ren

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Wonderful! I took part in my very first mission trip last year, and I am itching to go again. I feel sure you will be changed by the time you come back. God bless you for being obedient!