Image Map

Friday, January 30, 2015

I'm Thinking of Hiring a P.I.

The kids love a good mystery book.  My girls are head over heels for Nancy Drew and Thomas will read just about anything that keeps him guessing at 'Who dunnit?'  I'm not much of one for mysteries, though.  That being said...

Several weeks ago, Friday afternoon found me looking incredulously at the children in my family and wondering if their eating habits had changed and nobody told me.  

It was the pencil can and it was empty.  

No bigs, right?  

Except it kind of was because I'd just filled it with twelve fresh, sharp pencils the previous Monday.

They even had their erasers in tact.  (I know y'all know what I'm talking about.)

The kids looked at me blankly when I asked them where the pencils were.  I sighed and pulled out another pack of fresh pencils.


By the next Friday, they were all gone.  Not a single one to be found come spelling test time.  

"Children, what hast thou done with the pencils?" I inquired.

Five sets of beautiful eyes looked up as me and blinked cluelessly. 

Out came another pack of pencils.  Round and round, ground and ground went the pencil sharpener.  

Guess what?  It's another Friday and another empty pencil can.  

The mystery continues...