Image Map

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Honestly, I should really put some effort into some fun titles for the posts I write.  My brain is just so wrung out at the end of the day, it's all I can do to sit and put the words to paper.  Or computer. 

Semantics.   

We had a fabulously fun day with friends to talk with (for me) and play with (for my sweet children) and tons of sunshine to enjoy!  By the time our last guest left, the kids were all happily played out.  They watched a little television while I got dinner going and we all kind zoned thinking about the day.

Joshua came home bearing Valentine's treats for all the girls in his life.  Sarah Grace, Elizabeth, and Anna were presented with a variety of chocolates while I was gifted one of my very favoritest things in the whole wide world: A chocolate covered apple from the Chocolate Crocodile. 


If you've never had one, you need to.  You can thank me later. 

Honestly, we're not hugely into Valentine's Day.  I'm not anti- Valentine's, I just don't get real concerned over it.  However, the kids and I have discovered that we really like cutting our food into heart shapes and making the day special in small ways. 

There were lots of hugs and extra 'I love you's' throughout the day, but one of my favorite moments came late this evening when Anna presented me with her Valentine's Day gift.


Three little leaves.  Anna loves all things outside.  Rocks, acorns, seed pods, flowers, and leaves frequently find their way into her night stand drawer.  So when she came to me tonight and gave me these three lovely leaves, even though I knew that I wouldn't keep them, I documented the moment.  They are each special to her and that she chose to gift them to me along with a smile and a hug makes me feel like one lucky Mama. 

No comments: