Image Map

Friday, September 30, 2011

Shaving Cream and Broken Cabinets, Among Other Things

It's been a crazier than normal week around here. There are stories to tell that I am not ready to share yet. But God has been walking around rearranging things and working things out for His glory and I can't wait to see what happens next.

For now, here are a few pictures of our days.

Anna sporting her new haircut and showing me different places on the map. And when I say different, I mean she totally made up names of places and what kinds of things you would see or do there. It was thoroughly entertaining!

I've been toying with the idea of open cabinets in my kitchen. Not all of them, but a couple. After a coat or five of paint. However, I couldn't quite wrap my mind around how it would actually look. Sarah Grace helped me solve that visual. She was leaning on one of the lower doors when it just broke. The look on her face was priceless. It helps me think on that whole no-door bit, even if it is on the bottom and not the top.

Joshua promised to fix it this weekend.

We are finally in that wonderful time of year when the weather is cooler and my children LOVE to be outside. Lunch is frequently taken on the deck these days.

Homeschooling is a family affair. Even if the children aren't of school age, they want to be involved. In an effort to keep everyone busy, I spent quite a bit of time coming up with daily activities for Anna to do. Elizabeth vacillates between wanting 'real' school work and preferring Anna's activities. I've learned I really like to have the older two kids at the school table doing their work and the younger two in the dining room doing their work. Here are Anna and Elizabeth playing in shaving cream, a highly scented activity (I'd advise being sure you like the scent of the shaving cream), but one they delighted in for nearly an hour!

There was a baby boom in our church this year. Here are a few of the products! From left to right, Daniel at 4 months, Little Miss C at 3 months, and Little Mister M at five months. There are about five more in the six month and under range who weren't at this gathering!

1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

Okay, so I was going to try to do the shaving cream this week, but tackled the house instead and rewarded us by going to the zoo today, which was a huge success. I was so proud of my two! Open doors...I am very impressed, I am too much of a "stuffer" and it would never look good if I couldn't "hide" things away quickly before people came over ;) I love you dear and can't wait for our next visit in a few weeks! :)