Image Map

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our Case For Homeschooling - Temperment

Besides 'not being smart enough', I frequently hear, 'Ugh! I do not have the patience to home school'.

God is in the details, y'all.

I am a red-headed, selfish, tempteramental, high-strung, my way or the highway type of gal. Oh, and I'm pregnant.

I know, right? Your aching to be friends with me now. I can tell.

I just tossed out math curriculum out the window. Not literally, but very nearly.

I growled at my 5 year old during our reading lesson recently.

I totally blew my lid with the two year old, who was happily chewing on a workbook.

And I'd like to tell you that these are rare occurrences, but it just isn't so. Despite me, though, my kids are doing really, really well. For the very most part, we enjoy this adventure we are on. We giggle, we rejoice in each others accomplishments, we have fun, and we learn quite a bit.

And I do mean 'we', for as we walk this sometime bumpy path, I am learning things about myself, my kids, and just life in general. I've even picked up a fact or twelve.

If God is calling you to home school, just do it. He will take care of the details. Smarts and hotheadedness are not excuses! Your sincere efforts will thrive, even if you break down and have a few tantrums along the way. God will reward your obedience.

Trust me on this one.

2 comments:

Missi said...

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Rachel said...

this SO TRUE!!!

thank you for articulating it so very well. And yes, when you're additionally Pregnant, "normal" (HA!) homeschool goes OUT the window! =)
love,
rachel