Image Map

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Smoothie Day

At least once a week, at least, we have smoothies for lunch. The kids love them, and they are soooo easy and quite nutritious. Win-win situation, yes?


With summer in full swing, the kids are requesting them more frequently and, because I am such a loving Mother (certainly it has nothing to do with laziness and how incredibly easy they are to make. No sir-ee), I oblige.

And since we all know what a Sharer I am, I have decided to post the fool-proof Smoothie Recipe for you today. Complete with shiny, happy faces. Sorry, it never occurs to me to take pictures of things I am cooking. But this Lady does!


Freeman Family Favorite Smoothie Recipe

(guaranteed to make your mouth purple!)

One container of fresh strawberries, or a bag of slightly thawed frozen ones
About 3/4 cup of yogurt (plain, vanilla, or berry flavored for extra berry taste)
1 to 1 1/2 cps of milk
1/8-ish cup of Honey
1-2 Bananas
1-ish Cup of Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Handful of Baby Spinach (because as my wise Sarah Grace likes to tell people, 'You can hide anything in a smoothie!!!')

Toss it all into a blender and spin it up. Serve with cheese or spoons full of peanut butter, and lunch is served. Voila!

We have been known to add pretty much any fruit laying around in the kitchen to this mix. Favorites are kiwi, mango, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries, peaches, or oranges.


I would advise a straw...


So, what are your favorite go to lunches??

No comments: