Image Map

Friday, April 16, 2010

Swollen Hearts

Have you ever had one of those moments when you watch your child and you are overwhelmed with joy? When any screaming that has been done that day seems to fade far, far away because the child in front of you is smiling and just being? And you think, goodness, is this real? This amazing love that I feel? That child, that one right there, the one that is smiling and playing quietly and patting my face and using me as a personal jungle gym. That is the child that God gave me. He presented me with this beautiful and perfectly imperfect child.

If your me, He presented you with four of them. And your heart just swells so much that you feel your chest just may explode. And your grinning from ear to ear, looking for all the world like a fool, but completely unable to help yourself.

Then you realize that you're completely unable to comprehend the much greater love of the Father for His children. So much love that He hurts for us and longs for us to call on Him and accept the sacrifice He made for us. The sending of His one and only Son to die a horrible death on a cross. To make it so that God can even look at me? Because my righteousness is as filthy rags, but His blood washes me white as snow.

His blood. Untainted blood. From the One who lived a good and perfect life. Who was about His Father's business. Who had no sin.

I can't bring it into clear focus, but I can joyously revel in His saving Grace, and enjoy the blessings He has given me. And thank Him and praise Him in all things.

And my heart is swollen with all the love He has given me, in all it's forms.

1 comment:

missi said...

beautiful words! I love that feeling! <3