Image Map

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summertime

I love this time of year. It's not quite as intoxicating at 30 as it was at 13, but I still adore summer break. I think baseball fields and swimming and watermelon. Oh, and if I could do all three of those things in one day, I think I would be in a coma of Summer Bliss.

The kids are enjoying these warm days. They spend two long mornings a week in the swimming pool. And lets talk about comas...nap time those days is particularly peaceful. A bomb could go off and those kids might roll over.

What do I do on these days? After I drop the older three at the neighbor's pool for the morning, I tool around and do a little bit of work, a little bit of playing, a little bit of reading, and a lot a bit of loving on my quickly growing Anna.

Yeah, Summer is a time to enjoy. And we are, friends, we are.

In fact, there is a watermelon calling me right now...

No comments: