Image Map

Friday, January 11, 2008

25+25+1

Okay, so the previous post told you about some of the shopping we did as we tried to pull it together to get a cake made for my Dad's birthday. I won't say in the post how old he is.

That day was honestly a study in Murphy's Law. Or maybe that just describes me. Joshua once remarked that if it could possibly happen badly, it would happen badly to me. I dunno. I don't feel that taboo, but sometimes I wonder if he is right and I just don't see it because I am so used to it. Enough ponderings on things that are beyond reasoning out though. In fact, if you want more gory details on that day, just call me. I don't think I like the track this post is taking. I mean, it's supposed to be about my Daddy, not my karma.

Soooooooooo.........Mom and Daddy and Mimi, my grandmother, were here Wednesday night to celebrate my Dad's birthday. We had a nice Southern style dinner, smoked pork chops, black eyed peas, and some corn bread. The children were sufficiently noisy, and my Daddy seemed to enjoy himself. I call that success! Then, of course, we ate cake! The kids put all the candles in (all ten of them) but I forgot to take pictures of that part. Trust me when I say it was cute.



However, due to Murphy's Law, dinner was nearly an hour later than I had anticipated. Fortunately for me, I have three children who can flat out take up an hour of grandparent time! Despite the small delays, we all enjoyed a nice evening and a pretty decent cake, if you ask me!


Happy Birthday, Daddy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy b'day pepop! what cute grandchildren!!