Image Map

Friday, November 30, 2007

Alive And Well

Sorry to have been MIA for so long. I just couldn't muster the thoughts to write out our recent exploits. Chalk it up to a crawler. It adds new dimensions to an already busy day.

I had a girlfriend and her daughter over to the house this morning, and when we finished lunch, SHE CLEARED THE TABLE. Part of me felt guilty because Amy is about seven months pregnant and clearing my table, and part of me rejoiced at the fact that the table was cleared, wiped down, and ready for the next meal. The dishes were rinsed and waiting to be stacked in the dishwasher, and aside from a full sink, the kitchen is clean.

This never happens before four in the afternoon. I usually excuse everyone from lunch, and since they eat off glass dishes like big kids now, I don't ask them to throw, er, put their dishes in the sink. Some thing do have to wait, you know. Then I rush through the routine of fresh diapers for the girls, read a book to everyone, give Elizabeth a bottle, potty Thomas, and tuck 'em all into bed. Soanyway, clearing and kitchen cleaning usually just wait until after nap when we are all rested. I could cry, knowing that this little detail of my afternoon is taken care of for me. It's funny how something so simple means so much. Thanks a ton, Amy!

We had a great visit, too. We chatted back and forth about just the little things in life, tossed around a couple of the bigger things. Mostly, as Amy said once, it was just nice to talk to someone else who is dealing with many of the same issues. While we can't always solve the others problems, though she does give great advice and is a wonderful example of a Godly woman, we can just listen to each other. Extra ears to hear, extra shoulders to bear, and extra prayers to pray. What a blessing to have such a friendship in my life!

Thanks again, Amy and Emma, for spending your morning with us!

No comments: