Image Map

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Score!



Last night, Joshua and Thomas put together a basketball goal that Thomas received for his birthday...back in August. I could go into detail as to why it took us so long to get this thing up, but let's not dwell on the negative.

Thomas and Sarah and Joshua had a splendid time pulling pieces out of the box and inspecting them. "bigger pee-cez" I could hear Thomas exclaiming as I cleaned up the dinner mess. Oh, at the excitement! All that, and a big box!

The end result was a new word for the Thomas vocabulary and a goal that he can't quite reach. "Basketball, again" is all I heard for the rest of the night. He and Sarah Grace had a blast toting around all the basketballs we could find in the house and even occasionally tossing them in the general direction of the goal.

I must say, I am glad we waited to put together the goal...it has given my kids a new energy focus today. And since it is gray and gloomy, who cares that Christmas is just four weeks away?

No comments: