Image Map

Monday, June 29, 2015

The End of an Era

I've been whispering this to close friends, afraid to shout it from the rooftops like I truly wanted to do.  It's still early, and I'm still reserved about saying it out loud, but the fact is, it only gets better with each day.

We are officially a home with no diapers or pull-ups.

Oh, sure, we have all been sporting underwear during the day for over a year, but this is about being done at night time, too!  All five kiddos.  Well, Joshua and me, too, if we're talking about ALL of us.


3,952 days.


That's our official count.  From day one of the first child to the last day of pull-ups for the last kid.  For most of that, we had multiple children in diapers at the same time.  I clearly remember the days of three kids in diapers and how we switched to cloth diapers.


I'll miss the sweetness of a padded little bottom a bit.  But I'm loving the milestones, achievements, and explorations of my big kids.