Image Map

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's my first successful year with this whole Christmas decorating thing. There was the colossal failure of 2007. Then in 2008, Christmas all but took a back seat because we had a brand new baby to celebrate! I can't remember much of 2009, just a blur of some kind of activity.

And that brings us to Christmas Present.

I've had fun, y'all. I haven't decorated every little nook and cranny, but I have rejoiced in having children who are old enough to appreciate the season and enjoy the festivities.

Starting with the adorable little Christmas calendar my mom scored for us at a yard sale!

Each ornament is magnetic and has a number (1-25) on it that corresponds to a specific spot on the tree. The kids take great delight in taking off all the little felt ornaments and 'redecorating'. I call it Numbers Reinforcement. Voila! School.

Then there is the wreath craft that I teased y'all with way back when... Turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I'll try to find the tutorial and link to it.



I cut out a few more circles and made this garland for our tree. Good thing, too. Talk about things that get redecorated frequently. The only things that are in the same place are the lights, the garland (mostly) and a few glass ornaments I hung high at the top. The rest of the tree is entertainment for the kids.



Also, take note of our borax crystal snowflakes. Yet another school aspect of our Christmas decor.

Another wreath I made from yet another blog. What would I do without the blogosphere? My house would be naked!


Then there are the stockings hung on the chimney with care...


And the Little People Nativity set that the children adore. I love how everyone crowds in to be a little closer to Jesus. The police lady, the kid in the rain gear, and a couple of princesses for good measure. I think Noah even made it out this year!


Oh, come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!

1 comment:

The Bouldins said...

Our Little People nativity is missing Mary. Noah's wife is standing in for us.