Image Map

Monday, June 21, 2010

Home Again

And so, I'm home. Or at least most of me. I never expected to fall in love with this country and it's people and leave a piece of my heart there, but that is exactly what has happened.

There are many thoughts and emotions vying for my attention right now, not to mention the business of living my life and enjoying my children and my husband. It's surreal to be sitting in my comfy chair in my air conditioned house, listening to my children scuffle over who gets what color coloring pencil first. My thoughts keep traveling back to Haiti, the experiences I had there, the images I saw, and the relationships that were formed.

I don't have many words for it yet, and am not sure that I will find them. I do know that my life will never be the same. I stepped outside my safe little haven and saw first hand the devastation of these people. So, until, or if, I get around to posting more on Haiti, here are some of the children that captured my heart.


I was extremely lazy with the camera, as it was just another something to have to tote around, so please forgive my iPhone camera pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they're beautiful. I do hope you find time and words to write about your trip. I would love to read it.

Laura Forman said...

i understand when you say there are no words..I have been there friend, but one day can we at least sit around and talk about how there are no words to describe it? I love you dearly and I am so thankful for your obedience to go.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

It's nice to see your face again, even if it is just a pic on the blog. Missed you. Can't wait for you to finish digesting it all so I can hear more. Because, as always, it's all about me.

Anonymous said...

and I will join you in prayer. We are blessed... and blesse to be humbled.