Image Map

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Little Moments In Time

My plans for the day were rained out, and so I found myself with what seemed like an entire extra day on my hands. Originally, it was to be a day of hard work for me, away from my family, promoting my business. However, when your customers come largely from street festivals and craft shows (outside venues, in other words) rain puts a bit of a damper on things.

The day was incredible. I got to have a rainy, relaxing day at home with the entire family. And because it was 'unexpected', I was able to truly enjoy it all. The day wasn't planned out with a To Do List. So, I cuddled more, read more books, and just sat in the floor and wondered at how quickly it is all going by.

My baby Anna crawled all over me, head butted me, pulled up on me, and even managed to balance on her feet unassisted for two whole seconds. She then fell to her bottom and grinned up at me. I had to scoop up that baby with her chubby, dimpled cheeks and nuzzle her. I had to breath in the sweet smell of her. To savor it, because it all changes so fast. Wasn't it just a few days ago that my Thomas was this fun little package of nine month old joy?

So fast, so fleeting. Time refuses to stand still even for a moment. It determinedly marches on, with no regard as to how much I am enjoying this moment, leaving me wondering where all the yesterdays have gone off to.

Bring on the rain, you dreary skies. I'll just cuddle up and stay warm as these sweet little faces and moments etch themselves farther into my mind and deeper into my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! :)

Memum said...

and it seems like yesterday that I did the same sweet things with my 9 mo. old first child!