Image Map

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Home At Last

The past couple of weeks have been more chaotic than usual around here. Last week, as I mentioned earlier, I took my business where I used to teach and took 60+ impressions of sweet little hands and feet. Since the school is an hour away from where we live, we were getting up in time to get everyone ready and out of the house by 6:30.

Ew, ew, ew.

And then we didn't get home until about 7 or 7:30 that evening.

Ew, ew, ew. Ew.

Good for my business, I had several last minute orders placed. Bad for my family, I had several last minute orders placed. It meant we had to go back one day this week so that I could finish up.

The thing is, the kids L.O.V.E when I do something at the school. They adore being in the classrooms and being with all the other kids. They love the arts and crafts and food and learning and Bible time and singing and playground and different toys inside. Although there are a few moments of separation anxiety each morning, the overall effect is incredibly tired, but content kids.

And boy, do they sleep well!!!

With the exception of one set of prints, I am done with the out of the house part now. It was fun, the kids learned a lot, and I got to see lots of my old students and meet siblings that I didn't even know they had, chat with parents who I had become friends, and spend time with staff members I enjoyed working with.

But I am glad to be home. As I tap this out, Thomas and Sarah Grace are quietly sitting and perusing Mommy's special books (a collection of really nice childrens books I have that they have to have permission to pull out as compared to the regular kids books that float around and get torn to bits) and Elizabeth is happily sitting in an (empty!) laundry basket flipping the pages of a book and sucking her fingers. Anna is napping and all is well here in our world.

It's good to get out and be active. It's great to be able to relax at home when it's all done.

My day of rest before I start work tomorrow on creating a finished ceramic plate from each of those sweet little prints in the clay...

1 comment:

The Bouldins said...

Woo-hoo about the business orders! Double woo-hoo about being able to finish up at home! :)