Image Map

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catch Me A Bottle Full

You know, there are so many things about toddlers and pre-schoolers that I love. Love, I tell you. The lack of social pressures, for instance. They will say and do anything, without regard for what people think. They seek attention in anyway they can get it, and sometimes their just plum cute doing it.

Well, most of the time. Occasionally, I wanna pinch me a little head off.

But I would put it back. After my ears quit ringing.

This evening, my children are giving me a reprieve from the whining and fussing and complaining and fighting. I am lovin' it. Because in the place of all that grumpiness is laughter and squealing. The good kind of squealing. It's still loud, but infinitely easier to deal with than the fighting squeals.

The best part is how free they are to giggle and guffaw in all their merry riotessness. The kind of laughter that has not yet been cultivated to what is 'socially acceptable'. Just loud, raucous, belly laughs as they streak from room to room making these wild and wonderful noises.

Oh, I am soooo lovin' this.

2 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

pinch me some heads off. hi-larious.

The Bouldins said...

hee. i'm afraid i'd put the heads back on the wrong bodies ...