Image Map

Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekending

The weather in north Alabama has been unreal. 70 degrees over the weekend. Rain was the forecast, and while it was a tad cloudy at moments, for the most part, one would have never guessed it was January around here. We celebrated my Dad's 50 birthday on Saturday, and it was wonderful to be able to have all the guests, young and not as young, outside to enjoy the evening. I would wager that everyone stayed up much later than they should have, and I know that Thomas and Sarah Grace slept in until 9:30 on Sunday. (An unprecedented event, I can assure you)

Mom giving her 'old man' a squeeze.


The younger crowd.

So, after the wonderful marathon sleep on Sunday, I get home from church to find that the children are both ready for a nap. This pleases me to no end, because the nursery was crowded and I was ready to collapse, as well. So, we had a restful Sunday afternoon, then a family night. We rented the movie Cars, which was precious, made English Muffin pizza's, popcorn, and peaches.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, full of memories and fun. It helps that weekends come so often...

No comments: