We go through it quickly and I'm quite thankful for the many ways lemon oil makes my life easier and healthier. We take it internally in our water, apply it topically for a multitude of reasons, and I love to put it in the diffuser. My house smells so happy, plus the fabulous benefit of helping us to think more clearly.
And honestly, in a house with five kids, we need all the clear thinking we can wring out of the day.
1. I swipe it across the nose and sinus cavities of my people when they have runny noses to help dry them up.
2. It's fantastic smelling when diffused and improves memory, too!
3. Add a few drops to your water for great taste and a gentle detox. This is also effective in keeping your breath fresher.
4. Use directly on cold sores or acne to speed healing.
5. I start my day with three drops of lemon on my hands and rub it over the lymph-nodes in my neck to help keep the lymph system clean and detoxed.
6. Put a few drops in a small atomizer spray bottle and use as a hand sanitizer or on grocery carts. I like to spritz it in our van when we get in as an air freshener.
7. Add a few drops to warm water and use as a mouthwash to help with mouth ulcers.
8. My kids LOVE to climb the huge pine tree in our front yard which means they get sap all over them. Lemon oil quickly and safely removes the sap from their hands and (sigh) hair.
9. Add directly to warts to speed up getting them gone.
10. Add a few drops to a spray bottle and use it to clean your counter tops (granite, too!) and stainless steel. It's sanitizes and smells fantastic!
11. Use the counter top cleaning mixture as a safe and effective pesticide in your garden...
12. ...or in the kids stinky shoes...
13. ....or on the wooden cutting board...
14. ...or on your hair and then go out in the sun to create lovely highlights...
15. ...or spritz on your face as an astringent for oily skin.
16. Left the laundry in the washer a bit too long? Put 16-20 drops of lemon on a wet rag and toss it all in the dryer. I've been very pleased!
17. Make a sugar scrub for those tired hands and feet to revitalize them.
Want a chance to win your very own bottle of essential Lemon oil? It's super simple! Leave a comment telling me you're favorite essential oil and how you use it. New to EO's? Then leave a comment telling me the coolest thing you've learned about essential oils.